This is a presentation that I have presented to various educators in regards to educating students.
Geoffrey Canada on helping Harlem’s Children
Geoffrey Canada is profiled by NY Times
Geoffrey Canada on Education!
Geoffrey Canada interviewed by Julian Bond
Geoffrey Canada giving all school districts the Blueprint for Success!
- In: What??????
- Comments Off
Thoughts from the first days of school…
1. Why does it seem that teenage boys cannot keep their shirts tucked in? I have seen students tuck in their shirts when asked, then not a half a minute later untuck it… and the process repeats.
2. Why do teenage boys seem to want pants that are about 10 inches to big around the waist?
3. I dont understand the word goochie at all
4. What do you do when none of your students seem to know how to use a ruler?
5. Why do I have a little baby ironing board when I have real grown up clothes?
This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 at 11:08 pm and is filed under Teach For America. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
2 Responses to “Ponderings”
- mr Says:
August 12th, 2009 at 5:40 pm hey.. i was randomly prowling delta blogs and found yours. “goochie” around where i teach = Gucci. as in, hot, cool and awesome shit – that’s so GUCCI! tell them gucci was a gay man that made purses…. it’ll shut them up. lol. (Actually Gucci is a Rapper!)
- phil Says:
August 13th, 2009 at 10:53 pm Suck it up and get busy. This is the underclass that so very much needs your blind enthusiasm. ,,<<<<—–